How we help enrich lives
If we are going to help our residents live better, then it is our responsibility to offer them every opportunity to be actively engaged and involved. At Extendicare Eaux Claires, we provide social and recreational services seven days a week - including holidays. These services are designed to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of our residents. All activities are developed, organized and led by qualified staff and we offer both group and individualized services to meet residents’ unique needs and circumstances. Examples of our recreational services and activities include:
- Recreation Programs:Residents are welcomed to enjoy our recreation program which is available 5 days a week, and some weekends.
- Music and Memory: Through our Music and Memory program, residents living with dementia can have their own personal playlist loaded on an iPod and listen with earphones to their favourite music.
- Sing-along Group: Our sing-along group is lead by our therapist where the group sings favourite songs and reminisces together.
- Gardening Group: Members of the Gardening Group like to exercise their green thumbs growing flowers and vegetables in raised beds.
- Live Entertainment: We have live entertainment once a month featuring a variety of different performers from the community.
- Monthly Birthday: At our Monthly Birthday, residents enjoy a cake, candles, a card and a rousing chorus of “Happy Birthday to You”.
We also offer a wide range of physiotherapy, cognitive, speech and occupational therapies according to the needs of our residents. Currently we offer:
- Occupational Therapist
- Recreational Therapist
- Therapy Assistant
- Therapy Aide